Perpetua automatically harvests high performing keywords and ASINs. However, if you have keywords or ASINs that you believe will be successful, there's an easy way to add them to your campaign.
If you're unsure what targets should be in your goals, click here to get a better idea.
How to Add Targets
1) Click into the desired goal and then the "Targets" tab. In the top right-hand corner of this section, click the "+" button.
2) From the dropdown, choose "Add Targets"
3) In the pop-up that appears, select whether you want to add products of keywords and indicate the desired target type.
Note: Depending on the targeting type your goal is using, you'll have different options here. For example, if my goal is Brand-Based, I'll see Branded and Unbranded options like in the screenshot below. These coincide with the segments in your goal.
4) Next, enter your targets separated by a new line and select the match types you want to add. Once selected, the button will change from grey to purple. Click "add to goal" to finalize.
Example. I want to add broad and phrase match types only for "strawberry" and "mango". Phrase Match and Broad Match are both purple. Exact Match remains grey.
🚨 If you have keyword harvesting turned ON, then the system will automatically add new targets to your campaigns and include all 3 match types when doing so. This means that if you add keyword targets and only select 1 or 2 of the 3 match types, the third one could eventually get added. If you do not want Perpetua to add new targets, then you must turn keyword harvesting OFF. Please click here for instructions. If you want Perpetua to continue harvesting keywords, but there is only one match type you do not want for a particular keyword, simply pause the match types you do not want for that keyword.
5) Once the targets have been added, it will be displayed in the targets list with a "User Added" flag.
Article last updated December 2022. If you find this information to be out of date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org