Product images are provided to Instacart from each retailer directly. This means there is a risk of them being inconsistent, out of date, or missing altogether (at some or all retailers) on the Instacart platform.
To add images or any other content to your products, you will need to reach out to your contact at Instacart who will provide you with a form to fill out to upload the appropriate content. Once you receive confirmation from the Instacart team, it can take 48+ hours to see updates reflected on the platform.
How to Check if a Product Image is Missing
To check if images are missing, you'll need to login to your Instacart advertising console directly.
1) Click on the applicable campaign:
2) Click into the "ad group" (there will only be one ad group per Perpetua campaign).
3) Click on the "Products" tab to view all UPCs in your campaign.
If an image is missing on the Instacart ads platform, you may see one of two messages:
- "Unavailable Image" indicates that there is no customer-facing image however your ad is still running. Please reach out to your Instacart rep for support.
- "Active" indicates that there is an image on the consumer-facing side however it has not been uploaded to the platform backend. In this case, there is no need to submit a jot form as an image is live on the customer end.
Important Note: After submitting a jot form to Instacart, It is possible that what a retailer has on file can still trump images uploaded to Instacart, causing a discrepancy of images and content across retailers. In these instances, Instacart recommends using a Content Service Provider who can work with retailers directly to ensure all images are up to date.
If you interested, please reach out to your Instacart rep for more information.