As Perpetua's engine does not automatically add or harvest keywords on your behalf, you will need to manually add your keyword targets to your new and existing Google Ads goal.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- When choosing an initial set of keywords, consider keywords that are likely to lead to a conversion. Mixing in words such as "best", "Amazon", "shop", "buy online", "purchase" in the keyword phrase to capture the shopping intent.
- Leverage your past Google Ads keyword history to find successful keywords you would like to continue bidding on.
- Use search term reports and the Keyword Planner within Google Ads to harvest and research new keyword ideas.
- Use a mix of Exact and Phrase match keywords.
Note: Perpetua does not recommend utilizing the Broad match type. Negligent use of broad match can result in spending your entire budget on Google on traffic that may not lead to conversions.
How to add keywords to your Google Ads goal
1. Click into the desired goal and select the "Keywords" tab.
2. On the top right-hand corner of the Targets section, click the "+" button and select "Add Targets"
3. Type in your keyword targets separated by a new line and hit the 'Submit' button!
Google Ads Match Types
Here is a quick guide to the different Google Ads' keyword match types, and how to enter them with the right symbols: