This article will walk you through how to create and launch a Google Ads goal in Perpetua. Let's get started!
1. Head over to the "Google Ads" tab in the left-hand menu on your dashboard.
2. Click the "New Goal" button on the top right corner of the goals list.
3. From here, you will be taken to the goal creation screen where you can now edit your ad creatives and configure the parameters for your goal.
Let's start by creating the ad.
Select the landing page that you'd like the Ad to direct your audience to when they click on it. This can either be the Product Detail Page or your Amazon Store page.
- If you select the Product Page option, you will need to select the ASIN of the product you wish to advertise using the "Select Product" button on the right.
- If you select the Store Page option, you will need to select a tab within your Amazon Store page that you'd like to direct your audience to by using the drop-down filter under "Store".
Enter a headline for your ad. A typical headline should include your brand name, some key features/characteristics of your product, or the price (if that is a selling point).
*You must have a minimum of 2 headlines in order to run your ad successfully.
Enter a description of your ad. A typical description should include a more detailed description of the key features, competitive advantages of the product/brand, and the price (if that is a selling point).
If you wish, you can also add more ads to your goal as well! You can simply do this by clicking on the '+' icon at the bottom of the ad.
Entering your goal configurations
Selecting a Targeting Type
Start by selecting the Targeting Type you wish to apply to your goal. You can choose between:
- Universal: You will target all available customers using a single daily budget and ACoS target.
- Branded: Split ACoS and budget targets based on the inclusion or exclusion of branded keywords. This will allow you to separate the performance between your branded and unbranded terms to get a better picture of where your traffic is coming from and control these segments more precisely.
- Advanced: Set unique ACoS and budget targets for the brand, category, and competitor segments. This will allow you to separate the performance between your branded, unbranded, and competitor terms to get a better picture of where your traffic is coming from and control these segments more precisely.
After selecting a Targeting Type, enter in a Goal Name, add your Target ACoS and Daily Budget, then click 'Launch Goal' to take your goals live. 🚀
Perpetua's engine will not automatically add or harvest keywords on your behalf. Once you have launched your goals, don't forget to add your keyword targets!
For more information on best practices for which keywords to choose, check out this article.