Although Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands campaigns both have broad match types available for keywords, they are treated differently between the two types of ad units.
Sponsored Brands Broad Match
In addition to being able to match on all search terms that a Sponsored Product Broad match keyword could, a Sponsored Brands Broad match also includes variations such as plurals, synonyms, or other words related to the keyword. Read about Sponsored Product Broad match here.
Broad Match Modifiers
A broad match modifier places a + in front of every term within a broad match keyword. This ensures that these terms are always included in the search terms you’re bidding on. When this feature is turned on, all your current broad match keywords will be archived, and new BMM keywords will be added to replace them.
Note: Broad match modifiers act the same as a Sponsored Product Broad match.
To get a better idea of how Broad Match Modifiers work, here's an example below using the Broad match keyword "men shoes".
How to apply Broad Match Modifiers to Sponsored Brands goal
- Head over to the Sponsored Brands tab in the main left-hand menu.
- In the goals list, click on the specific Sponsored Brands goal you'd like to apply this feature to.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on the "Advanced" settings icon in the configurations box.
4. Click on the "Broad Keyword Targeting" tab in the left-hand menu and then select the option "Broad Match Modifiers". This will Broad Match modifiers to all Broad match keywords within this goal. Then, hit "Done".
5. Finally, click the "Update" button in the configurations box to save your changes.